As of this instant, Google Play Store does not allow the transfer of an Android application from one Google account to another, creating gifting of an app not yet possible. However, that shouldn’t stop you from offering that ideal app to your friends and loved ones. As an alternative, you can provide gift cards that people can use to buy apps on Google Play Store.
Google Play Gift Card Purchasing.
Go to local participating outlets, and buy a gift card. Google Play Gift Cards can be bought for various amounts.
- For countries except US, you may visit the Google Play Help page for available categories and participating stores in your country. You may buy Google Play Gift Cards from your local electronic appliance store if you’re situated outside the US.
- Google Play Gift Cards are actual physical cards that you can buy from participating stores.
Give the card. Place the card in an envelope or cover it in gift wrapping papers—it’s exclusively your choice how you would like to offer the Google Play Gift Card to your desired recipient.
Get the promo code. After giving the Google Play Gift Card, have the recipient scratch the gray strip at the back of the card to obtain its promo code.
Visit Google Play. Open a web browser on a computer otherwise smartphone and visit the Google Play website. Have the recipient go into his or her username and password on the Login page to sign into his or her Google account.
Redeem the gift card. Choose “Redeem” from the left-hand side of the Google Play Store page and a pop-up box will come into view.
- Enter the promo code which you received after scratching the card on the text field provided, and select the “Redeem” button. The worth of the Google Play Gift Card will then be removed to your recipient’s Google account.
Purchase an app. Search for the app you’d like to provide to your friend, and choose the “Buy” button to buy the application using the financial value of the Google Play Gift Card you provided.
- You can furthermore use the worth of the card to buy other Google Play items like music, videos, books, and movies too.
- Make sure that the cost of the app you’re about to purchase doesn’t go above the value of the gift card or your recipient would have to pay the surplus using his or her credit card.